Ogata lab is a laboratory to analyze big data of molecular biology in plants & microorganisms using bioinformatics,
especially, correlation network analysis.
★ What is "bioinformatics"?
★ Collaborative researches
- In Ogata lab, collaborative researches with "wet" researchers are performed such as microbiome analyses in gut & oral flora.
♦ Dog gut microbiome
- By analyzing gut microbiome of dogs in illness, we search microorganisms that cause particular diseases.
♦ Human oral microbiome
- By analyzing oral microbiome of young and aged women, we aim to reveal the relationships of the flora with health & mouth odor.
★ Development of bio-tools
- We develop various tools useful for analyses in life science.
- Ogata lab publish two tools now.
- "Bio-database" is a website that publishes datasets of life science curated by bioscience researchers.
- Ogata lab publishes 3 bio-databases.
★ Researches in the near future
♦ Database of trees
♦ Database of thoroughbreds
The KAGIANA Project (since 2006)